Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A break at school...Blog? Sure!

So I'm in between classes. My Drugs in Society Class dismissed early. I dislike that. I love that class! LOL. Anyway, I was just thinking, that I am very proud of myself today. I set a goal for myself to do atleast 10 miles on the treadmill every week, with or without any other exercise. I thought if I was specific in what I wanted to accomplish (not saying "I need to lose ten pounds this month") then I would do it. So, hooray for me, it's Wednesday, I haven't worked out yet, and I've already done 5 miles on the treadmill. Go me!

In other news, I knew that we had exercise classes here at school, but I found out that we have zumba, spinning, yoga, pilates, weight lifting, etc. If I do one of these every term as just extra credit hours, I'm going to be just fine. Starting tomorrow it's zumba every Thursday with Sam and Sammy from work. Five bucks a class! Yeah, anyway..just saying, "GO MEL" today. I've also noticed a big difference in what I'm putting in my body just by putting it in my phone. My gosh, the calories I was consuming on junk was ridiculous. You really don't realize that those little "bites", "licks", and "tastes" really add up! That's all for today folks. Stay tuned. :)

8 comments:

  1. You go girl! I was just getting ready to blog about my accomplishments for the day. We can do this!! Maybe Sunday afternoon you can come to my gym with me sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good, Mel! You'd be surprised how much junk people actually eat. I passed a McDonald's billboard featuring Reese's McFlurries & I thought, "Man, I wonder how much sugar that has in it." =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we're all growing up. lol. How weird!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. =) It was bound to happen sometime, Belita! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I wanna do Zumba with YOU Mel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, girls, we are all grown up..kinda! lol I really do feel like 2012 is going to be a year for us to focus on us though. I mean, we screwed our bodies over in our 20's! LOL. Time to make up for lost time in the health department. That's how I feel anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have surely gotten that right, dude! I was just telling my Mom that the other day. Damn, what a ride the 20's were though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being specific is the way to go!!

    ReplyDelete